Windmill

Windmill

About Me

My photo
I'm very excited to be a part of the teaching staff here on the black team at OMS!! This will be a great year, I have a TON of great things planned :) When I'm not at school, you might catch me at a Cardinal's Game, doing some retail therapy, or relaxing with a good book. My best friend of 7 years and boyfriend of 2 years, Chris, has supported me throughout college and my pursuit to be in the classroom. I can't wait to start the year, and hope I can inspire kids they can make a difference.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

First Day of 6th Grade

To MUCH surprise...my first day of teaching went extraordinarily well!! I have been having dreams that it would be mass chaos....but I can honestly say I loved every minute of it and I have a FANTASTIC and very well behaved group of kids (thanks parents!)
I thought I'd post an activity I did with my Social Studies classes the first day. I had 3 different poster boards hung on the chalkboard. I had written on them "My goal for Social Studies is...", "Our classroom should be _______ everyday", and "What will Ms. Castor need to do to help you this year?" I gave each of my 3 social studies classes different colored sticky notes to correspond with their class and had them write the answers on them. Then they hung it up accordingly. I did this for pure self enrichment on how to better help my students succeed. I didn't share their answers with each other and got some pretty good ones!! This of course was a Pinterest idea and ended up very colorful and helpful :)



After 2 days of being at school....I think I finally know all of my homebase students names. I wouldn't trade any of them for the world...I sure hope the rest of the week is as fantastic as these first few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment